Steps to follow if someone is impaired.
If you think that
someone have a hearing loss, you need to see a specialist.
- The doctor will refer to the audiology unit
of ENT hospital for audiology testing and prescription of
- Hearing aids may be obtained from ministry of social security,
SWDEAF or private companies.
- Ear moulds prepartion at SWDEAF, Hearing aid fitting and
tuning at SWDEAF
Procedures to get these hearing aids
- Visit the ENT Specialist who will advise on whether to go
- An audiogram will be done at the Audiology Department (Hospital
- Fill in a form at Social Security office
of locality to apply for Hearing Aids
- Hearing Aid is dispensed by the Ministry of
Social Security or at SWD
- Ear Mould impression will be done at the SWDeaf
- Fitting and tuning of Hearing Aid will be done by a technician
of the SWD