Free hearing aids
Conditions for getting free hearing
- Free Hearing aids are available from Ministry
of Social Security.
- A means test is carried out and those parents
earning less than Rs 130 000 per annum, will benefit from free
The procedures to follow in order to get these
aids free are the following:
- Have a medical certificate to certify that
patient is suffering from hearing impairment (ENT Hosp, private
- Get an updated Audiogram done at
the Audiology Dept of ENT Hosp or private
- Fill in a request at the Social Security office in the locality.
Request is processed at MOSS Headquarters. Entitled patients
are informed by mail.