There exist different kinds of aids
- BTE : Behind the Ear
- ITE : In the Ear
- ITC: In the Canal
- Body level Aids
SWD takes into consideration Quality, Robustness,
size, degree of hearing impairment and price before choosing
a type of hearing aid.
The prices of hearing aids from SWD varies
from Rs 7 000 to 15 000. On the market the price hearing aids
are between Rs 5 500 and 50 000.
How to use these hearing aids
Hearing aids need to be fitted and tuned by trained personnel.
Depending on the type, an ear mould may be required and this
must be of good quality and properly fitted to ensure optimal
use of HA.
Tips for maintenance of these hearing aids.
- Must be kept in a dry environment when not in use, as humidity
will reduce the efficacy of the aids
- Regular change of batteries and maintenance of apparatus
- More tips will be available on the site
Repairs that are done at SWD
- General maintenance of hearing aids.
- Replacement of spare parts such as switch
Procedures to get your hearing aid repaired.
- Bring Hearing aid along with audiogram at SWDeaf.
- Inspection by Hearing Aid technician for possibility of
- Quotation and details of repairs provided to patient
- Repairs done against a contribution covering mainly cost
of spare parts